The project implementation is a dynamic process with stakeholder participation in all the phases. The project tasks will be targeting the needs of the stakeholders. The aim is to develop adaptation strategies together with stakeholders, that are simple and can be easily adapted by local farmers.
Work Package 1: Testing uncertainty in regional monsoon precipitation projections.
The main objective is reducing the climate models' uncertainty in regional monsoon precipitation and temperature projections and to develop a framework that will offer a remedial solution for policy makers.
WP leader: IPRC, Hawaii
Work Package 2: Development, demonstration and implementation of adaptation measures
- Development of a range of adaptation strategies to increase the water and nutrient use efficiencies and to understand the pest dynamics for ecofriendly management in tune to future climate
- Demonstrate and implement the specific adaptation measures in selected farms to adjust and integrate appropriate adaptation measures in order to reduce climate change vulnerability in the selected river basins areas
- Develop an inventory of agriculture based offset credits to enable carbon trading by by farming community
Work Package 3 – Mainstreaming adaptation into regional climate change adaptation programs and strengthening institutional capacity
- This component aims at integrating and mainstreaming climate change adaptation into the local adaptation program. This will include a series of capacity building workshops, technical assistance to managers, knowledge sharing, and awareness activities
- To foster active working relationships between scientists, managers, policy makers and farmers in the case study areas, and ensure effective uptake of the project outcomes
Work Package 4: Integration of various project components
- Integration of all project components by using information from WPs 1, 2 and 3
- Defining the most promising and optimal adaptation strategies, both in terms of livelihood security and hydrological sustainability as a consequence of climate change
Work Package 5: Dissemination and Project Management
- Determine, in close collaboration and dialogue with the appropriate management institutions and stakeholders, how the adaptation measures can best be implemented
- Ensure co-operation between the project team and local and regional management, stakeholders and other relevant on-going projects in the region
- Ensure a smooth running of the project, including maintaining the contact with all project partners and reporting to the Royal Norwegian Embassy, New Delhi
- Ensure that the results of the project are disseminated to stakeholders