- Account means a unique account created for You to access the Miljolare.no service and submit observations.
- Application means the software program provided by NIBIO downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Fenologi.
- NIBIO (referred to as either "NIBIO", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Norsk institutt for bioøkonomi, Postboks 115 NO-1431 Ås, Norway.
- Device means any device that can access the Fenologi App such as a smartphone or a tablet device.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- The Fenologi App is the mobile application and miljolare.no server where users can learn about phenophases in nature, register observations in nature and send these observations to the server at miljolare.no .
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of NIBIO. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by NIBIO to facilitate the Fenologi App, to provide the Fenologi App on behalf of NIBIO, to perform services related to the Fenologi App or to assist NIBIO in analyzing how the Fenologi App is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Fenologi App or from the Fenologi App infrastructure itself.
- You means the individual accessing or using the Fenologi App, or company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Fenologi App, as applicable.
Collecting and using your personal data
Types of data collected
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Fenologi App. We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using the Fenologi App, in order to provide its features, We may collect, with Your prior permission:
- Information regarding your location and / or location of your observations.
- Pictures and other information from your Device's camera and photo library for the observation.
This information is used to enrich the observations that You make or enter in the Fenologi App.. This information can be uploaded by You to the Miljolare.no server and it may be simply stored on Your device.
Use of your personal data
NIBIO may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Fenologi App, including to monitor the usage of it.
- To access your account on Miljølare.no: The Personal Data You provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Fenologi App as a registered user at Miljolare.no.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends and to evaluate and improve the Fenologi App.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such as adding personal information to an observation and sending it to the database, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of your personal data
NIBIO will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Fenologi App, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at NIBIO's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, NIBIO may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
NIBIO may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of NIBIO
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Fenologi App
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Fenologi App or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your personal data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Fenologi App does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.