The Department provides updated and readily available information about land resources in Norway through:
The National Land Resource Map (AR5)
- Technical responsibility for the AR5 map with detailed information on Norway's land resources.
- Responsibility for training courses for the municipalities.
Internet Map Services
The Department owns and is responsible for technical support and further development of:
Farm Maps (Gårdskart)
- Provides maps of land resources, and area statistics for farms.
- Provides Norway's agricultural enterprises with information used in applications for area based subsidies.
The Sourse (Kilden)
- Interactive map system, presenting most of NIBIO’s geographical data, together with a selection of other relevant national datasets.
- Users can download NIBIO maps and data for their own use.
National Mapping Cooperation
- Participating in Geovekst and Digital Norway.
- Participating in public management of National orthorectified remote sensing imagery.